SINGLE DAY TRAINING ON BASICS OF METALLOGRAPHY FOR ENGINEERS
The one-day intensive training on “Metallography for Engineers” is aimed to provide comprehensive understanding of metallographic techniques, enhancing material characterization skills, and emphasizing practical application and problem-solving in metallography through real-world examples.
Program on : 30 June Friday 2023
Aspiring individuals will gain a comprehensive understanding of the following subjects.
- Introduction to Metallography
- Sample Preparation Techniques
- Microscopic Examination
- Image Analysis
- Interpretation and Reporting
Course Content :
- Sample preparation by cutting, outing, grinding, and polishing
- Etching the metals and alloy samples for development of microstructures
- Fe-C phase diagram of steels and cast irons
- Microscopy for observation of microstructures
- Bright and dark field microscopy
- Image analysis of the microstructures
- Quantification of microstructure such as grain size, Inclusion rating and case depth measurement
- Co-relation of microstructures with composition and heat treatment of
metals and alloy
Key Benefits :
- Gain a deeper understanding of the internal structure of metals and alloys.
- Develop proficiency in sample preparation, optical microscopy, and image analysis.
- Enhance your ability to assess material properties and make informed engineering decisions.
- Get a grip on properties of metals, how they are tested, how metal products are made and where they are used.
Course Fees :
- Single participant : INR 6,000.00 for Indian delegates GST @ 18.00 % applicable on above fees.
- Note : 10% discount on total amount of invoice for 03 or more than 3 nominations from same organization.