In recent years, industries have felt the importance and need for digital asset integrity systems.
An Asset Integrity Maintenance is a process that ensures that an asset (power, oil and gas, refinery, chemical and petrochemical process plants) can perform its function effectively and efficiently with increasing safety and profits. To ensure that an asset will function over its lifetime, well-run maintenance strategies ensure that the people, systems, processes, and resources are in place while maintaining health and safety laws and environmental legislation.
TCR Advanced’s AiOM (Asset Integrity & Optimizing Management) is a digital tool that manages an asset’s life cycle, from its design phase to its decommissioning and replacement. An industrial plant contains numerous assets, and managing a large amount of these assets through a conventional approach needs qualified and trained manpower. A sudden interruption is devastating for a company whose production runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The first dilemma is to balance profitability and intervention while implementing an asset integrity management system. A company’s process reviews for signs of if anything is becoming dysfunctional. This observation indicates that your integrity management is not operating well if you experience frequent interruptions within processes or if it is difficult to pinpoint the source of small failures. In case when operators still feel unsafe and sense that the maintenance sector is not receiving the necessary investments, perhaps it is time to review procedures and find new ways to manage assets so their life cycle can be optimized so that critical flaws can be avoided.
The cost of inspections and maintenance directly influences asset integrity. Having assets that can continue functioning efficiently without causing risks or interruptions reduces maintenance costs as maintenance should only be interrupted when necessary.
How can an industry benefit from TCR Advanced- AiOM®?
AiOM consists of various tools based on international standard practices such as –
- Risk-Based Inspection (RBI)
- Fitness-For-Service (FFS),
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM),
- Integrity Operating Windows (IOWs),
- Quality Assurance (QA) Plans, &
- Root Cause Analysis.
API, ASME, SAE, and other internationally recognized institutions have developed these tools incorporated worldwide.
The advantages of asset integrity optimization & management are quite clear:
- Optimization of inspection and maintenance resources
- Minimization of downtime and planned outages
- Loss prevention
- Compliance with regulations and industry standards
- Mitigation of health, safety, and environmental exposures
- Proper documentation for Maintenance & Inspection data preservation for future retrievals
- Continuous monitoring of critical process parameters and instant emergency response
- Establishment of a single objective oriented working environment
Click here to check the entire process of AiOM® by TCR Advanced.